About a week and a half ago, I received my first non-vegetarian cooking lesson from my mom. The dish on the cards was the basic, straightforward Indian chicken curry. Luckily for me, the end result was actually not bad. In an effort to remember how the end product looked, I went ahead and took photos of everything. I also wrote down the recipe and hope I will have another opportunity this summer to make it, with limited supervision this time, to ensure that I actually learned how to make it, rather than learned how to follow directions.
- Chicken – 2 breast pieces, 2 leg pieces
- 2 tsp dahi
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- Onions x2
- Tomato x2
- Chicken masala – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Haldi – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Marinate the chicken in advance and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Fry the onions until brown.
- Add chicken into pot with haldi, chilli powder and salt. Mix and cover for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and masala. Mix and cover for about 5-10 minutes.
- After oil separates, add hot water and simmer for 5 minutes before serving.